Why is Post Workout Nutrition Important ?
The most common thing I see our clients struggle with is Post Workout Nutrition.
What is Post Workout Nutrition?
in short post workout nutrition is what you eat after a workout.
Often times we think the best thing to eat after a workout is nothing. I know i thought the same.... However we're doing a disservice to our bodies when we do not feed it the right foods after an intense working out.
you're probably thinking, " well what can I eat after a workout Leslie?"
a great post workout meal can be a
- Protein Shake With Water
- Grilled Chicken With Rice & Broccoli
- Steak with Rice & Broccoli
- Greek Yogurt With a Scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein and Berries
- Teriyaki beef with rice & broccoli
- Chicken Barbacoa With rice & Squash
Protein is crucial and suuuuuuper important after your workout. Protein helps
- Lose weight / Gain Muscle (aka increase muscle mass )
-Speed up your metabolism ( Because you have more muscle )
- Recovery / repair body cells (make new ones)
We can talk about the science on another post. but for now make sure you are prioritizing protein intake after your workout. :)
If you have questions or need help feel free to reach out to me.
- Leslie your Esti Besti